Friday, March 13, 2009

Rakhi Sawant Says 'It's the public that's undressing me'

Rakhi Sawant

Rakhi Sawant, the item girl, once made a statement that she wanted a make-over. She made this statement when she signed the new semi-autobiographical Broadway-style Bollywood musical called Balti Devi: Queen Of Southall. Rakhi even said that if she wanted she could make people weep through her performance, like Meena Kumari. She quoted that "I live in India and I do feel uncomfortable with my image sometimes. Whatever I've done so far is because the public demanded it. It's the public that's undressing me". Rakhi also stated that many of the actresses from Bollywood had messaged her asking her about the reason, why she dressed up the way she usually did. She was heard saying "What right do they have to question me? Why can't a nice clean film like 'Swami' click? And why can't I be cast in roles like Smita Patil? Even she did hot scenes".

Rakhi SawantRakhi Sawant's role in Budha Mar Gaya was a well promoted role. But the role was shunned by many viewers and the film was a super flop. Once when she was asked about the film she said "I'm made to behave and dress in a certain way because of who I am. I was pulled up for making love with older men like Anupam Kherji, Om Puriji and Prem Chopraji in Buddha Mar Gaya. If I did the same way scenes with Shah Rukh Khan, people would applaud."

Rakhi SawantNow talking about the film, in which Rakhi has undergone a change from her usual character. This film will be directed by the legendary actor Shammi Kapoor's son Mickey Kapoor of Sambar Salsa and Don't Stop Dreaming fame. Balti Devi is actually a story of a poor Southall girl who dances and sings her way to stardom. Mickey Kapoor claimed that he could not find any other perfect match for the role of Balti Devi because the film's story somehow resembles Rakhi's own life story. Through the film Rakhi Sawant got the opportunity to dance and sing.

Now what she achieves and how much her new avtar is appreciated, will soon be known to us. We just hope that her new avtar is actually different and is appreciated, so that she stops accusing public for undressing her!

No comments:

Post a Comment